All leagues at the Heather operate as Partner Leagues. Partner Leagues enjoy the following benefits:
- Operational autonomy: each league is run independently by its volunteer executives.
- Access to more curlers: since a single membership fee allows members to curl in as many leagues as desired at no additional cost, there is a greater chance of filling up your sheets (or even requiring additional draw times!).
- Reduced financial risk: no ice rental cost (that’s right – zero dollars!) regardless of number of sheets used.
- Reduced administration: membership fees can be collected by the Club rather than by the leagues.
- Even more reduced administration: Curl Manitoba fees are already included.
- Revenue sharing with the club: a portion of EVERY Club member’s fees is shared with each league through the League Pool, whether they curl in your league or not.
- Continued ability to fundraise: leagues are free to continue with their individual fundraising efforts, to sell tickets to their banquets, etc., as long as participation in these fundraisers is technically optional, and no mandatory fees are being levied. Responsibility for these activities rests with the leagues.
If you are interested in running a new Partner League at the Heather next season, please get in touch with us gro.b1560892669ulcgn1560892669ilruc1560892669rehta1560892669eh@cc1560892669h1560892669 !