Playoffs are underway, renewal forms are out and our windup banquet is a month away. Here is a brief update of what is going on (as of Friday March 3rd).
- Semi finals are complete for Tue & Wed night sections with the finals scheduled for Tue Mar 7th and Wed Mar 8th.
- Semi final for Thu night section is scheduled for Thu Mar 9th. Note that the finals for Thu night section are scheduled for Tue Mar 14th at 8PM
- Club Championship Tue, Wed, Thu Mar 21-23 with 7PM start
- Here is a link to the playoff schedule – feel free to come out to cheer for you fellow curlers Playoffs 2016-2017
- renewal forms have been printed and Alan has started to handout to the members.
- as was the case last year, the Club is looking for a $100 non-refundable deposit from each member in the spring
- members putting down the deposit by April 30th will be entered in a draw, with the winner getting their $225 membership balance paid off
- renewals can be easily done using the website http://www.heathercurlingclub.org/membership/renewal/ (note that to use the online renewal you need to enter your member number, which in printed on your renewal form and also on your membership card)
- alternatively you can write a cheque for $100 payable to Heather Curling Club, staple it to the form and either leave it for Alan at the bar or bring it to the windup banquet
- Banquet will be held at the Club on Tue Apr 4th – cocktails 6PM / dinner 7PM
- the meal is a Ukranian buffet with Perogies, Cabbage Rolls, Meatballs, Coleslaw, Dinner Rolls
- there will be five door prizes along with prizes for the teams winning the playoffs and for the grand aggregate winners
- tickets are $25, including a $10 refundable commitment fee (refunded when you show up on the 4th)
- tickets are available from the Men’s League committee members – Alan Forbes, Brian Miller, Dave Dyment, Richard Gagnon, Ryan Palmquist, Marinus Van Osch – at least one of which will be at the Club through the duration of the playoffs
- invitations have been sent out to the membership to fill out an online survey
- be sure to include your voice in the feedback
Planning for Next Season
- hopefully we’ll have full draws on each of the three nights next year; to do so, we need to find 4 teams for Tue, and 1 each for Wed and Thu
- Thu night is looking good as I have two teams looking to fill the final spot
- if your team is not planning to return, let me know right away so that I can identify openings for teams on the waiting list
- as has been done in the past, we’ll have a registration night sometime in May (date TBD)
- to secure your team’s spot for next year, please ensure that at least 3 of the team members have put down deposits by the end of the May registration night
- after registration night in May, unsecured spots will be available to new teams