Heather Curling Club – Covid-19 Guidelines 2020/21
Dear members, guests and staff. The Heather Curling Club (HCC) is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our staff, members, guests and volunteers.
We have developed guidelines for both on-ice and off-ice practices to help ensure the safety of everyone in our facility. The HCC guidelines are consistent with the Manitoba Public Health Authority, as well as guidelines provided by Curl Canada and Curl Manitoba.
By choosing to enter the facility, all members and guests of said members are understanding and accepting of any heath risks which may be inherent in participating in a public event with HCC. All non-members participating in the sport of curling will be required to sign an applicable waiver form ( Under the Age of Majority / Age of Majority). All guests to the HCC will be required to sign in at the bar.
Our website will be used to identify any changes from Manitoba public health orders/guidelines as well as recommendations from our provincial and national curling bodies.
By following these new rules and guidelines, we can make this year a success.
COVID-19 Update – October 7, 2020
Due to provincial health orders, no alcohol can be sold or served after 10:00 p.m. and all patrons must vacate the premises by 11:00 p.m. Last call for kitchen will be 10:15.
All patrons must remain seated, unless they are travelling to and from washrooms, briefly interacting with staff or entering or leaving the premises. Darts and shuffleboard are not allowed at this time.
SIGN IN SHEETS
All visitors to the club must sign the contact information sheet located at the bar.
Off Ice Precautions
- As of Sept 28/20 mask use is mandatory inside the club, however not mandatory while curling or once seated at a table in our upstairs lounge area. Masks must be worn in other areas of the club which would include lobbies, locker rooms, stairways, washrooms, etc.
- A plexiglass shield has been installed at the bar.
- Drinks and food orders can be place at the bar, physical distancing must be maintain with only 4 people at a time waiting for service on defined floor line locations.
- Hand sanitizers at strategic locations have been placed throughout the facility.
- The upstairs table area has been organized in accordance with Manitoba Health regulations at a minimum of 2 meters apart. Tables or chairs are not to be moved by members or guests for any reason.
- There will be no tables or chairs on the main floor. Benches have been spaced out accord to spacing requirements and are only to be used by curling participants. No spectators will be allowed on the main floor. Benches are not to be moved from the current configuration.
- Practice social distancing, hand washing/sanitizing and cough etiquette.