Fun, competition and relaxation… find it all at the Heather!
In the past thirty years, the Heather Curling Club has become a multi-purpose venue. It is a busy winter season with curling and rental of its smaller hall (up to 150 people). With 8 sheets of ice, the Heather provides ample room for bonspiels and other special curling events.
In the summer season, the Heather remains open for hall rentals, including both its smaller hall (150 people) and its rink-sized hall (up to 600 people). During Winnipeg’s summer-time Folklorama, the Heather hosts both the Pavilions for Brazil and India.
In addition, the Heather has food, licensed beverages and its own catering services.
The Heather Curling Club celebrated its 100th Birthday in 2016!!
Heather Curling Club: Reinventing the Business of Curling in Winnipeg
The Heather Curling Club has converted to a whole new way of operating, one which promotes a greater sense of belonging for ALL its members, and recognizes the true partnership status of ALL its leagues, while promoting long-term viability of the Club and of the sport of curling.
All members enjoy unlimited curling and incomparable value, with a single, low, all-inclusive membership fee of $325 (incl. GST and Curl MB Fee)! Check out available leagues and contact details here.
Under this new operating structure, ALL leagues operate independently as Partner Leagues, sharing in Club revenue through the Club’s League Pool.
What the New Structure Means to Curlers
For about the price of a movie per week, even once-a-week curlers get excellent value for their fee. The following benefits are applicable to ALL curlers at the Heather under this new structure:
- Unlimited free curling: one fee lets you curl and spare in as many leagues as desired at the Heather, subject to available spots
- Greater variety of leagues: new types of leagues such as Stick, Daytime Open, Mixed Doubles, etc. may be added – at no extra cost to you!
- Curl Manitoba fee: included!
- Practice ice: Free unlimited access, subject to availability
- Exclusive member discounts: members get 20% off Asham merchandise in the club’s pro shop, and can rent the Club’s social halls in the off-season at a significant discount to the general public
The Heather Curling Club is now taking deposits under this new structure — visit our Membership page for more details, or to register. If you have any questions in the meantime, please get in touch with us ten.s1519514354tmym@1519514354bulcg1519514354nilru1519514354creht1519514354aeh1519514354 !
What the New Structure Means to Leagues
All leagues at the Heather operate as Partner Leagues. Partner Leagues enjoy the following benefits:
- Same operational autonomy: each league is still run independently by its volunteer executives
- Access to more curlers: since a single fee allows members to curl in as many leagues as desired at no additional cost, there is a greater chance of filling up your sheets (or even requiring additional draw times!)
- Reduced financial risk: no ice rental cost (that’s right – zero dollars!) regardless of number of sheets used
- Reduced administration: membership fees can be collected by the Club rather than by the leagues
- Even more reduced administration: Curl Manitoba fees are already included
- Revenue sharing with the club: a portion of EVERY Club member’s fees is shared with each league through the League Pool, whether they curl in your league or not.
- Continued ability to fundraise: leagues are free to continue with their individual fundraising efforts, to sell tickets to their banquets, etc., as long as participation in these fundraisers is technically optional, and no mandatory fees are being levied. Responsibility for these activities rests with the leagues.
If you are interested in running a new Partner League at the Heather next season, please get in touch with us ten.s1519514354tmym@1519514354bulcg1519514354nilru1519514354creht1519514354aeh1519514354 !